Vinod Zutshi an IAS Officer of 1982 Batch has served in Tourism Sector for more than 4 years in the capacity of Secretary in the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India and as Secretary, Department of Tourism, Government of Rajasthan. He has also held the post of Secretary in Ministry of Culture, Government of India and as Secretary, Department of Civil Aviation in Government of Rajasthan.
Travel Scapes in an article has quoted “As Vinod Zutshi, Secretary, Ministry of Tourisn, India Lit the path of India tourism and was associated with some path breaking changes that gave an impetus to the Tourism sector, he now hands over change, after completing a successful Tenure”.
Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India (Aug 2015 – Feb 2017)
Responsible for Formulating Policies, Schemes And Programs for Development and Promotion of Tourism in India. Through strategic initiatives and excellence in execution, led the unprecedented growth of 11% in foreign tourist arrivals in 2016 (~15% in 2017 versus 4% global average) and 1.65 billion domestic tourists
- Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India
- Chairman PATA Chapter India; Board Member, PATA
- Chairman, NCHMCT; Chairman, Board of Governors, IHM, Pusa
- Vice Chairman, Board of Governors, IITTM; Vice Chairman, National Tourism Advisory Council
- At the launching of International Year of sustainable tourism for development at Madrid, Spain in January, 2017.
- At UNWTO – WTM summit on “Tourism & Security – Promoting Safe and Seamless Travel” during WTM 2016.
- At UNWTO – WTM summit on “Destination Branding – Digitalization in Tourism” in WTM 2015.
- At T-20 Tourism Ministers summit at Antalya, Turkey in 2015.
- At International Conference on Developing Sustainable and Inclusive Buddhist Heritage and Pilgrimage Circuit in South Asia’s Buddhist Heartland in Dhaka Bangladesh in October, 2015.
- As Member in PATA Board Meeting at Jakarta, Indonesia in 2016.
- At Indo-ASEAN summit in Manila, Philippines in 2016.
- As Head of Indian Delegatiion at ITB, Berlin 2016.
- As Head of Indian Delegatiob at the World Travel Market (WTM), London in November 2016.
- As Head of Indian Delegation at the World Travel Market (WTM), London in November, 2015.
Key Achievements & Strategic Initiatives:
- Facilitated development of public tourism infrastructure by sanctioning more than 50 projects to the State Government and UTs under Swadesh Darshan and Prasad schemes to the tune of over Rs 5000 crores
- Started a new venture 24X7 helpline for tourists in 12 languages
- Introduced an innovative scheme of providing “Welcome Kit with SIM Card” to foreign tourists visiting India on E-Tourirt Visa
- Organised the first ever “Incredible India Tourism Investors” summit in New Delhi in September 2016
- Organised new events called “Bharat Parv” on Republic Day 2016, Independence Day 2016 & Republic Day 2017
- Started a new system of appointing Public relation agencies in foreign countries to promote India Tourism
- A new system of Comprehensive Global Media plan was started with appointment of media agency for Tourism Ministry
- Social Media plan and Social Media campaigning launched for the first time for India Tourism promotion
- Signed MOU with Eco-Tourism Society to Promote Eco-Tourism
- Facilitated E-Visa reforms and expansion of e-visa facilities to 161 countries
- International Buddhist Conclave at Sarnath & Bodhgaya, International Tourism Marts in Sikkim in 2015 & Manipuri in 2016
Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Government of Rajasthan, India (Jan 2004 – Oct 2006)
Responsible for formulating policies for development and promotion of Tourism in Rajasthan State in India
- Secretary, Department of Tourism, Govt. of Rajasthan
- Commissioner, Tourism, Govt. of Rajasthan
- Chairman and Managing Director, Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation
- Chairman, State Institute of Hotel Management, Jaipur and Jodhpur
Key Achievement & Strategic Initiatives:
- Palace on Wheels (Luxury Train) was run at its full capacity for the first time in 22 years
- Designed and kicked off launch of “Rajasthan Royals on Wheels”, Luxury Train for HNI
- Started “Adopt a Monument Scheme” to promote public participation
- Designed and Launched, a 10 Day long Mega Event “Rajasthan Day Celebration” in 2005 which is being celebrated till today
- Organised unique “Summer Festival” in Jaipur at Amber Fort, “Monsoon Festival” in Jaipur
- Organised First Ever “Night Bazaar” in Walled City of Jaipur.