As Dy. Election Commissioner in Election Commission of India, Vinod Zutshi has conducted almost all elections under the purview of Election Commission of India Namely General Elections of Lok Sabha 2014; State Legislative Assemblies; State Legislative Councils; Rajya Sabha; Election to the President of India and Election to the Vice-President of India. He served in the capacity from September, 2009 till August 2015. He has also spearheaded Legislative Assembly Election in Rajasthan in 2008 and parliamentary Elections in Rajasthan during Lok Sabha Elections 2009 in the capacity of Chief Electoral officer of Rajasthan.
ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA EXPERIENCE
Deputy Election Commissioner, Election Commission of India (Dec 2009 – Aug 2015)
Executive Head in Election Commission of India, responsible for conducting Parliamentary Elections, Elections to the state Assemblies, Elections to the Legislative Council, Elections to the President and Vice-President of India.
- Election to Lok sabha 2014. With record turnout of 66.04 percent, the highest ever
- Election to the President of India in 2012
- Election to Vice President of India in 2012
- Elections in Assembly elections of Bihar, West Bengal, Up, Gujarat, Delhi, Andhra Pradesh, Tripura and Uttarakhand
- Elections in Jammu and Kashmir Assembly 2015 and Lok Sabha election 2014 with record turnout
Key Achievements & Strategic Initiatives:
- Comprehensive “Election Planning & Management” Protocol and Procedure
- Comprehensive “Law & Order, Mechanism and Plans” for Elections
- Concept of “Sector Officers” in Election process
- Distributing “Photo Voter Slips” to the voters before elections
- Computerised Electoral rolls.
- Introduction of “ VVPAT Machines” in electoral process
- Conducting of “National Voters Day”
- Election Observer Planning Cell
- Deputed as Election expert to Election Commission of Jordan for Jordanian Elections in 2013
- Appointed as the Secretary “Association of Asian Election Authorities”
- Chairperson of Committee appointed for “NRI Voting” as per the direction of Hon’ble Supreme Court
Represented Election Commission of India:
- Election workshop at Kingston, Jamaica
- Commonwealth Election Management Bodies’ Conference at Ghana, Africa
- Election conference at Georgia
- Signing of MoU with Election Commission of Kirghizstan at Bishkek
- In Association of Asian Election Authorities as Secretary AAEA
- At Thailand, Nepal and Bangladesh as International Election Observer
- At France and UAE to study possibility of NRI voting in Elections
Chief Electoral Officer, Government of Rajasthan (Mar 2008 – Nov 2009)
Administrative Head of Rajasthan State Election Department, Chief Representative of Election Commission of India in Rajasthan – responsible for conducting elections to the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly, Lok Sabha Constituencies and Rajya Sabha Constituencies, maintenance and updation of electoral rolls in the state. Conducted Rajasthan Elections of 2008 and Lok Sabha Election of 2009 successfully.